On Monday 13th September 2021, the History & Policy Trade Union & Employment Forum hosted an online seminar on instances of TUC and union promotion of dignity at work seen through the lens of Walter Citrine’s career as General Secretary and President of the International Federation of Trade Unions from the 1920s to the 1950s.
- Jim Moher (Author-Walter Citrine, Forgotten Statesman of the Trades Union Congress)
- Mary Bousted (Joint General Secretary National Education Union and TUC General Council member )
- Tom Wilson (Former Senior TUC Officer)
- Philip Murphy (Director, History & Policy)
- Gail Cartmail (President TUC & Assistant General Secretary, Unite)
- Paul Nowak (Deputy General Secretary, TUC)
You can catch up on the launch event event of Dr Jim Moher's book- Walter Citrine: Forgotten Statesman of the Trades Union Congress. Jim is a former national trade union official and now historian.
Image Credit: Walter Citrine (1st left, front row) with a group of the TUC General Council members attending the 1943 Trade Union Congress held in Southport. The President of the 1943 congress was Dame Anne Loughlin. Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd-TUC Library Collections, London Metropolitan University.